Monday, April 24, 2017

So I've been music time-travellin'...(Part 2)

This is PART 2 of a blog post. If you haven't, by all means, please
READ PART 1.

     Let's get to the 60's. The story is that I found an old CD with about hundreds of Beatles songs burned into it (although many files are doubled; ya know, that greatest hits stuff). "So why not give it a try," I thought. Music that I get to hear nowadays suck, so I might find refuge in this. 

     I've only chosen 6 of my favorites (I didn't enjoy most of the tracks, unfortunately) and I really love them and kept playing them over&over again these past few days. Note: I cannot ever distinguish Paul's voice from John's, and I found out that a lot of people have the same problem so I'm hoping you, dear reader, won't hate me for it. LOL

From the 60's...The Beatles:

1. "Day Tripper" (1965)

"I just need to play this on the guitar! Even though I don't know how to play guitar!" that's what I thought the first time I heard this song. Riffs are simply epic. And so are the "now" suffixes... This is one of those songs that I don't really care what the lyrics really mean because it sounds dope. This is my favorite, with #2. :) 

2. "Help!" (1965)
Rock 'n' roll lifestyle (I know, Beatles is pop, don't look at me like that!) isn't as glamorous as it looks, and this song is all about that. I've never seen the movie of the same title (A Hard Days Night from '64 was hilarious, though), dunno if I want to. LOL John was literally screaming for help on this one. 

3. "We Can Work It Out" (1965)
A really simple Beatles song. The lyrics are about a friendship that's falling apart... The waltzy parts which last about two seconds each that's right in the middle of the chorus just stirs it up a little, so it sounds pretty interesting.

4. "Don't Let Me Down" (1969)
Paul looks nice in this picture...
Whooh! In your face! Actually all the "Don't let me down" parts can suffice my enjoyment of listening to this track. But of course, the verses calms everything down to build that crazy momentum. And John's growling. What a nice growl.

5. "Your Mother Should Know" (1967)
I had no idea of that all-white suits thing when I heard this song. It's kind of the things that make you hate a good song. LOL Anyway, I think this track just tells everyone that they know they're going to be legends: because it really was "a hit before your mother was born". This is the type of song that you want to introduce to the millenials (I think). I can't help but dance, or at least finger-snap on this one.

6. "Things We Said Today" (1964)
I'm so proud of myself that I can easily tell them apart in this pic. LOL
A kind of sad love song emphasized my magical minor chords. I like the lines "Someday when we're dreaming/ Deep in love, not a lot to say". It just floats on top of the song like a cloud.

I hope you learned a lot today. But please feel free to comment anything from recommendations, topics to suggest and corrections. Just type it in the Comment box below or e-mail me at prettylittleemoboy(at)gmail.com .

P.P.S.S. My favorite Beatle is Ringo. And I never really liked Joh

No comments:

Post a Comment